blog background

Friday, April 20, 2012

5 months

Palmer turned 5 months on Wednesday! I can hardly believe he's already that old...it seems like just yesterday I was curled up on the couch crying because we couldn't get pregnant. God truly is faithful and is "able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20)!
Birth weight: 7lb. 12oz.
               Today: 14lb. 2oz. (on the Wii fit)    
Birth length: 20 in.
Today: 25.5 in.

LIKES:
* My playmat...I can spend "hours" lying there talking to myself in the mirror and trying to eat the animals.
* Talking...one day I decided that it was time to share with my mommy and daddy all that was on my mind. So now I talk, talk, talk all day long! Sometimes I wake up from night-night or naps just talking away. Mommy thinks it's the sweetest sound she's ever heard!
* My fingers...I really like sucking on my pointer fingers. They just tastes so stinkin' good that I can't help myself! Who wants a plastic paci when they can have a sweet finger?! Mommy and daddy are always taking my fingers out of my mouth and putting the paci in...but I've shown them! Now, I have my paci in and shove my fingers in the side. It's the best of both worlds!
* My mobile over my changing table...who says getting your diaper changed can't be entertaining! I let my mommy or daddy do the dirty work and I smile away at the swirling circles!
* My lovey, aka my birp cloths...I like to grab onto them when I'm sleepy or happy or hungry...ok, whenever they're near me. Daddy thinks I need something more "manly" so if anyone has any suggestions let my mommy know.
* My DADDY!! I get uber excited when he comes home from work. I can't wait to tell him all about my day and hear about his. My favorite is on Saturdays when I get him all to myself!


DISLIKES:
* Going to sleep...I don't want to miss anything so I try really hard to keep my wittle eyes open! Mommy says that's the Carlson in me and she's probably right. I have to get ready for family vacation and staying up late with my cousins!
* Tummy time...'cause to me it's a little too similar to night-night! I'm trying to be better because daddy says that's the only way I'll learn to crawl!
*Sunlight in my eyes...I hate it! It makes me sneeze and I have to crinkle up my nose and close my eyes! I wish they made sunglasses small enough for my tiny little face.


NEW SKILLS:
* Holding my head up so high during tummy time.
* Sitting/standing up like a big boy!
* Rolling from my tummy to my back. I'm almost rolling from my back to my tummy but I always get stuck on my side and then gravity gets the best of me!
* Laughing. It's kind of a deep belly chuckle and is very hard to get out of me. My Auntie Laura Beth is the best at it...probably 'cause she's so funny!






3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh he is cute!

    Good luck with the blog. This is the exciting part :)

    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! Everret is pretty darn cute too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I LOVE these pics--and love the "scoop" on what he is doing!

    ReplyDelete